Suitable Beauty Aesthetic Treatments For Women In Their 40s
They say life really begins at 40, and while some people hold on to this fact ever so tightly, some individuals greatly dread this age because physical signs of aging become more evident. It may not be easy to turn back time, but there will always be a way to still feel beautiful and empowered even at this age.
Plenty of aesthetic treatments are available to keep your physical appearance at its best. Keeping its youthfulness and vitality should no longer be considered a problem because these aesthetic treatments would benefit you and your self-esteem.
Why Aesthetic Treatments Are Important
As one grows older, the signs of aging become more prominent physically. This may begin as soon as we reach our 30s. Without a proper skincare regimen and aesthetic maintenance, by the time we hit our 40s, the signs of aging could be really noticeable.
With aging, the number of melanocytes decreases. These are the cells responsible for producing pigment in the skin. This may lead to a paler and thinner epidermis. There could also be the appearance of pigmented spots, more commonly known as age spots, especially in areas more exposed to the sun as the remaining pigment cells increase in size.
The connective tissue is also affected when one ages. The strength and elasticity of the skin are significantly affected and may lead to sagging and the formation of wrinkles. The skin’s firmness is also affected because the body tends to produce less collagen when one starts to age.
The blood vessels could also become more fragile, leading to bruising, formation of angiomas, and erythematous skin conditions. Sun exposure could also be another huge factor that causes skin conditions once our 40s begin because it causes skin pigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles in the face.
These changes may seem a little overwhelming for you, but all these may be controlled with the help of aesthetic treatments. The impact these aesthetic treatments offer could help improve not the way others view yourself, but more importantly, the way you view yourself.
Aesthetic Treatments Available for All Your Concerns
Skincare concerns may differ from one individual to another. Thankfully, several aesthetic treatments could target your concerns – and they are within your reach!
Dual Yellow Laser
- This non-invasive laser treatment involves using copper bromide technology and utilizes yellow and green lights to target skin conditions such as acne, melasma, and other pigmented and vascular lesions. This also helps brighten dull and uneven skin tone. It lessens the redness in the skin and helps improve the sensitivity as well.
- Perfect for: Mild to moderate acne problems, redness-prone skin, melasma, pigmented and vascular lesions, dull and uneven skin tone.
- What to expect after the treatment: The treatment usually takes 30-40 minutes, and after it, the area can appear reddish to pinkish for an hour. Since this is a non-invasive treatment, no downtime is required for most cases.
- Botox injection, derived from Botulinum toxin, affects the nerves on the face and reduces the ability of the facial muscles to contract, leaving relaxed and softened wrinkles. It can be injected in several areas, including the areas around the eye, jaw, and mouth, and its effect typically lasts for 4 to 6 months.
- Perfect for: Fine lines and wrinkles on the face, especially in the frown lines and crow’s feet.
- What to expect after the treatment: Each session of a Botox procedure takes around 20 to 40 minutes. The target area is numbed before the injection, so the discomfort is minimal, and there is minimal downtime.
Profhilo (Hydration + Glow)
- Profhilo is an injectable dermal filler that contains hyaluronic acid, which helps retain skin moisture leaving the skin well-hydrated. It also helps the stimulation of collagen and elastin production that keeps the face firm and tight. A review of Profhilo treatments reveals that youthful looks can be achieved through several sessions.
- Perfect for: Skin beginning to sag, with volume loss, wrinkles and fine lines, and dry skin.
- What to expect after the treatment: Each session of Profhilo takes less than 40 minutes. The area is numbed before the procedure, so patients would feel minimal discomfort. The downtime of this treatment is also minimal, not lasting for more than two days.
- Rejuran Singapore is an injectable that originated from South Korea, which promotes a youthful general appearance. It is known to reduce the visible signs of aging, improve dull skin tone, and tightens the pores on the face. Similar to a skinbooster filler, it also pumps up collagen production that helps address several skin conditions.
- Perfect for: Wrinkles, fine lines, textural issues and scars that include both surgical ones and those caused by acne
- What to expect after the treatment: Each session lasts for less than an hour. Patients are expected to experience slight discomfort, but it should be tolerable. It requires 2 to 3 days of downtime.
- This aesthetic treatment involves dermal fillers composed of hyaluronic acid that helps restore volume loss in the face. It can be injected into the nose, lips, cheeks, jawline, laugh lines, and chin. Its main ingredient, hyaluronic acid, stimulates collagen production that helps the face appear fuller and plumper.
- Perfect for: Wrinkles, fine lines, sagging, and loose skin.
- What to expect after the treatment: Each session of Juvederm may last for 40 minutes or so, depending on the area that will be treated. The target site will be numbed before the procedure so that patients will feel a little discomfort.
- This non-invasive procedure is a treatment that targets the unwanted fats in the body. It works by freezing the fat cells and permanently naturally eliminating these fat cells. It is most commonly used to target the abdominal area, but it can also be used in the arms, thighs, and legs.
- Perfect for: Stubborn and unwanted fats present in the body.
- What to expect after the treatment: One session may take 40 to 60 minutes, depending on the areas targeted. Some discomfort is expected, and some skin erythema and bruising may occur. The body may also feel a little sore for 1 to 2 weeks after the CoolSculpting procedure.
Age should not stop you from feeling confident and empowered. With the widely available aesthetic treatments in Singapore, the possibilities are endless! Remember that beauty has no limits, and even at the age of 40 and above, you can still be powerful.
If you wish to improve and enhance your self-confidence & self-image, please feel free to book an appointment or make your inquiries for treatments that interest you today. At Astique The Aesthetic Clinic, we offer treatments designed to help enhance looks, and improve the quality of peoples’ lives. Contact us today!
*Results may vary between individuals